Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I was told that the pressure in an F-5 tornado ruptures the eyeballs of many of the victims, is this possible?

I have never been in a tornado but I have been several times in storms at sea. What I experienced is this: In wind (sum of the storm and the speed of the vessel) speed that makes it impossible to stand on deck without holding oneself, it is impossible to look toward the wind; it really pulls your eyelids in a painful way. But there is no way that it can rupture your eyeballs. Here is a good reason: before it would do that, it would first kill you by increasing the pressure of the air entering you mouth in a way that your lungs won't withstand it. If you have seen tests made by people standing in a wind tunnel as use to test aircraft, you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment