Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Are My Self-Esteem Issues Bad Enough That I Might Need To Seek Help For It?

I'm 13 years old and have extremely low self-esteem. I constantly worry about what others think of me to the point if I even walk in a room and someone looks my way I'm afraid their criticizing me on how I look and what I do and then sit there and think of all the horrible things their probably thinking right then. If someone points out the smallest of things wrong with how I look I feel like a total moron and hide my face for the rest of the day til i can get home because I'm positive everyone else noticed it too. When I talk to people that are even somewhat-popular I get scared and panic. If I actually do something right, and someone congratulates me for it, I'm think that I did it wrong and their just trying to make me feel better. For example, in Volleyball, I sort-of spiked the ball and it got us a point and all my team mates were clapping for me. Absolutely hating the attention on me, I tried to turn the attention to the girl who had bumped it to me and ended up just getting an odd look from everyone and making me feel even worse. I'm afraid of doing something stupid or weird in front of my friends because I'm worried they'll stop wanting to hang out with me. If I tell a trusted friend a secret, I feel like a retard for the next week or so. I can't stand to wear a shirt than even comes close to hinting at stomach fat (but I don't wear very lose clothing because I think that makes me look fatter) I'm scared, I'm worried, and I'm always on an edge at school. Is it bad enough that I may need to seek help for it? I more than likely won't because it is not something I am willing to discuss with my parents (I know I'll regret it the next day and for the next month) and nor do I want to; but I was just wondering if it seems to be that bad.....

No comments:

Post a Comment