Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Can you make your EEOC attorney accept a settlement?

There was a settlement offer from my previous employer in my discrimination case. I turned down the first amount under the guidence of my attorney. Since then they made one more offer and my EEOC attorney turned it down without asking me. I would like to settle instead of going to trial. The offer was made a couple of months ago and one of my attorneys say they will check into settling but never gets back with me and my other EEOC attorney keeps saying there is no offer on the table. I just want to settle. They tell me I cannot discuss anything with my former employer without them but I am not getting anywhere when I talk to them. They just seem to want to go to trial. What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment